Mittwoch, 19. März 2008

FFM

Mainz, my love, you have started to bore me!
Recently my feelings for that big old bank metropolis up by the Main have started to become more and more passionate.
Today I caught myself making up poems about its diversity, the architecture and the overall style and atmosphere. And how much I love all of that.
Okay, it's expensive and I got scared walking alongside a park after it got dark. But it makes the old love for huge bustling cities come back.
First you're at a botanical garden, around the next corner you're trapped between the shiny curtain walls of skyscrapers and then you're facing houses that look like someone stole them from the black forrest and put them there.
There's so much activity and culture and style. It may be a bit cold and appear arrogant but I like that.
It conveys high expectations and that motivates me a lot.
I never thought of Frankfurt as a city I could possibly like for its style and atmosphere but almost since I started in Mainz I began feeling home everytime I came to FFM. Even if it was just the main station.
Mainz is a lovely place. But FFM currently totally thrills me!

Keine Kommentare: